A clear format strategy is a key part of any bank’s retail strategy. The most ubiquitous instance of such formats is a kiosk or remote ATM. Rather than being purely functional places to transact, these touch-points can become distinct brand landmarks that build awareness and help a bank to stand out from the pack. Ideally, any remote ATM strategy should include a visual identity that corresponds to larger branch formats so that brand awareness is increased within a defined area.
ATM kiosks can be designed to cater to many customer needs, both transactional, and advice based. A typical a range of options would include:
- Basic ATM for deposits and withdrawals (free-standing, kiosk and wall-mounted)
- Full functionality ATM (free-standing, kiosk and wall-mounted)
- ATM plus Remote Advice (free-standing kiosk)
- Free-standing ATM kiosk with video teller
- Free-standing ATM kiosk with additional peak-time staffing model for advice
- A pop-up ATM and advice kiosk for temporary deployment and market testing
Adopting a modular approach facilitates rapid expansion and future flexibility as technology and customer needs evolve.
At I-AM, we have designed ATM kiosks for our global banking clients. As part of our 10-year relationship with Garanti Bank, we have generated a similar modular approach that has now been implemented throughout Turkey.